Friday, February 4, 2011

What am I working on?

Blogs are great for accountability. Though I know that I don't have a "following" per se, like some wonderful blogs, the fact that the words are out there is both frightening and thrilling.

If I say, I'm going to run 10 miles today (I'M NOT!), then I said it. I put it on the web. Anyone, Someone can read it. Someone at church might ask me about it. A friend might read it and email me about it. Certainly my husband will ask about it. Months from now, someone might be reading old posts and ask me about that little run.

I'm one of those people that needs accountability. Dare I even say it ..... craves accountability. I confess that I sneak Hershey kisses from the pantry (potty treats for Logan). There I put it out there. Mercy! What next?

This weekend, I'm going to start working on our first priority for this year ...

Decluttering

Cleaning out half of our house.

I'm working on removing everything that is not directly useful or truly beautiful. We are drowning in our stuff.

And what will be left?

What will this free us to do?

What will we find at the end of it?

My first step commitment: In the month of February, I will work on decluttering our upstairs.

1 comment:

  1. i like this post!
    i think you are spot on about putting words out there...maybe it's frightening and thrilling because it's really ourselves that we are putting out there when we write???
    spot on about the accountability thing, too!
    and, if i may ask, were the hershey's kisses "fresh" or stale???

    ReplyDelete