Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life without TV


It's been just over a week since we cancelled DirecTV and have gone "TV-less". And I have to say, it's kind of nice.

The kids have watched a video here and there, but outside of that, they have played. And read books. And we've made Valentine's. And we've slept a little more than before.

Somehow, our children have been more creative. Trio blocks that were great before have become fabulously invented into new things ... boats for animals, tools.

There is more peace in our house.

Do I notice that it's gone?

Yes.

There are times when I think "I would really like to watch the nightly news right now." And I remind myself that I could go up to the computer and watch it online.... but I don't.

Now, when March Madness rolls around, or football in the Fall, or the Olympics .... we may have to figure out how to watch stuff on the computer.

But for now .... we're enjoying life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment