Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 - My year to Celebrate

"Better to light a candle than curse the darkness." (Peter Benenson)

I need to celebrate. I need to remember to find what there is in life to celebrate. I tend to gravitate toward the broken, the mess, the wrong in the world. As it goes, I curse the darkness, but fail to bring the light. This year, we are turning on the light.

Romans 13:12
"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

For years I have named the year. Somehow, there always seems to be a theme to what God is speaking. 2009 was the most difficult of my life, so 2010 has been about recovering, resting, and standing up after having hit rock bottom. Sometimes, I don't feel like I'm that far from the bottom again. Times when my faith is shaken and my doubts seem large.

Celebration is a sister of gratitude.
Celebration happens when we appreciate.
Celebration is born from God-given joy.
Celebration is easily found when you are looking for it.
Celebration remembers that we are but dust, and anything we have is but a grace-gift from above.

Psalm 145:7
"They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."

What are you looking for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment